Your heart is a muscle and can be kept strong by living a healthy lifestyle that includes exercise and functional training. Your heart’s main function is to move blood throughout the entire body. Your heart controls the rhythm and speed of your heart rate and maintains your blood pressure. It is the most important organ in the body.
Consider these interesting facts about the heart:
- Your heart beats over 100,000 times per day.
- Your heart pumps about 1.5 gallons of blood every minute. Over the course of a day, that adds up to over 2,000 gallons.
- There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in your body. That’s enough to go around the world twice.
- Every cell in the human body gets blood from the heart except for the cornea.
- The right side of your heart pumps blood into your lungs. The left side of your heart pumps blood back through your body.
Maintaining a healthy cardiovascular system and a healthy weight are among the most important things you can do to reduce these risk factors for heart disease. As mentioned, a solid exercise regimen is necessary.
The American Heart Association recommends these guidelines for adults:
- Get at least 150 minutes per week of moderate-intensity aerobic activity or 75 minutes per week of vigorous aerobic activity, or a combination of both, preferably spread throughout the week.
- Add moderate- to high-intensity muscle-strengthening activity (such as resistance or weights) on at least 2 days per week.
- Spend less time sitting. Even light-intensity activity can offset some of the risks of being sedentary.
- Gain even more benefits by being active at least 300 minutes (5 hours) per week.
- Increase the amount and intensity gradually over time.
To keep your exercise routine results-driven and interesting, consider incorporating the following dynamic functional training equipment:
Versatile, accessible, and fun, Aktiv AQUA products incorporate water to create a unique stabilization challenge during training, which translates to results! The reactionary forces driven by the shifting weight improve power and strength and facilitate gains in balance and coordination. The amount of water is easily adjusted to achieve the desired weight – so this one piece of equipment progresses with you or can shift to support multiple users.
Suspended training modalities remain at or near the height of popularity of all functional exercise programs performed in the gym or at home. The Aktiv RECOIL Trainer is unlike any other suspension strap. It offers the ability to “recoil” when not in use and it also instantly levels the training straps together, from decent to ascent, with each use, eliminating the time it takes to adjust and prep straps for varied exercises.
Aktiv BANDS are a multi-planar, multi-modality training system that allows you to move with ease from one exercise to the next in your home gym. BANDS can be used to push, pull, twist, or squat with varied resistance in any direction or plane of motion. BANDS are available in 3 different resistance levels.
Revvll ONE is the first variable resistance portable rope trainer. Rope resistance training is one of the most effective ways to train strength and endurance in the upper body and core. The Revvll ONE offers the highest time under tension and a constant but adjustable resistance for pushing and pulling movements. Compact, light and designed to anchor almost anywhere, it’s the perfect tool to support endless rope training movements at home.
Keep your heart healthy and strong with more functional movement. Set yourself up for success with functional training tools from Aktiv Solutions.